Mold Tips- How to Handle a Mold Issue
Mold in Georgia can go from nothing to a big problem in just 48 hours. These problems occur in homes and businesses very frequently. Most commonly, they are caused by issues such as a roof leak, or other water cases of water intrusion. Mold causes property damage as well as health issues. The Rapid Restoration team is trained to properly handle your mold remediation, big or small.
If you think you have a mold issue, call us today at 770-224-7250.
Safety is always the number one concern, so if you suspect mold damage, consider the following:
Mold spores can grow significantly in just 48 hours.
Health risks are greater for those in higher risk categories (children, elderly, and those with respiratory problems)
If you smell a musty odor, that could mean that there is mold behind drywall or possibly under carpeting.
What you should do
- Avoid areas in which you suspect mold
- Turn the heat and air conditioning as well as fans off
- Contact a mold remediation company to begin the remediation process as quickly as possible, as to avoid further damage
What you should NOT do
- Do NOT touch the mold
- Do NOT allow any air to blow across the surfaces with mold (or with suspected mold)
- Do NOT try to dry out the area on your own
- Do NOT put bleach or any other disinfectant on the affected areas
Why Mold Remediation vs Mold Removal
Mold is naturally occurring, it is almost everywhere. To remove every bit of mold is nearly impossible. Some companies say they will remove all mold from your home or business. This is not possible, or necessary. Mold remediation is a process in which the levels of mold will be returned to normal, natural, and SAFE levels. We have been through extensive training and are up to date on the most effective way to remediate mold.